BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 18, 2009

9th grade!!

This year starting 9th grade has been pretty tough! The very first day of school I went to homeroom. Duh. But the whole thirty five minutes that we were sitting in homeroom my mind wandered and I could not stay focused on what my homeroom teacher was explaining. I wasn't that scared to start 9th grade, but I knew that it would be harder and tougher than all the other grades. And worst of all, it COUNTS now! As my mind was thinking about these things I got that anxiety feeling, but it was like butterflies in my stomach times 10! I thought I was going to explode! Then, after homeroom, I went to math. The teacher spent maybe ten minutes on the disclosure, then jumped right into an assignment. It's the first day of school for crying out loud! When the teacher announced there was going to be an assignment everyone just kind of looked at each other wondering if this was really happening... homework on the first day of school? Yep, I had homework day number one of school. So after the disclosure was presented to the class, we started notes on a brand new subject! Usually, from what I remember, we would review before we got started on brand new objectives. Nope, no reviewing for us! So we took notes for, literally, the rest of class. Since we have a,b days now, classes are eighty minutes long. We, no joke, spent sixty five minutes on notes! And of course, after notes, follows an assignment. So we had a whole five minutes to do our assignment so I had homework. And a whole lot of it.So I left that class in perfect amazement, walking to my next class which was biology. Biology wasn't as bad. We talked about class rules and the disclosure for a good amount of the time, then we went right into the term project. We discussed due dates for different things and regulations of the project for the rest of the period. It was a lot of stuff to take in during one class period. Let alone I had just sat through a dreadful first day of math. Man, it sure seemed like teachers wanted us to suffer in agony the first day of school. That's sure what it came off as. Then my next to classes I practically slept through, they talked about disclosures the whole time, so it's not like I haven't heard the rules anyways. So I just decided to sleep. I didn't really sleep of course but second and third period was very boring the first day of school. When I went home the first thing I did was get out all my disclosures and have my mother sign them. Then I took a breather, got out my homework, and exercised my brain for the first time in a while. It's been three weeks since schools started. Wow, its already gone by so fast. I think by now I am pretty caught up on how things work now. I'm not in a winding mess like I was at the beginning of the year. I'm hoping this school year goes great now that I've got it figured out. Ninth grade is going to be a blast! I'm super excited, expecially for Honors English!

0 comments: