BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 13, 2009

True Happiness

Once upon a time... there was a teenage girl who would constantly disobey her parents and get in trouble with the school. The cost of this tribulation was greater than she could ever imagine, but ended up being the greatest life's lesson. This is how my story goes.
My first year of Junior High was brutal. I wasn't trying to get in trouble, believe me, getting in trouble isn't my nature at all. But, for some reason, I would just end up in situations that I didn't purposely mean to put myself in. For instance, I was caught for cheating and my parents were called by that specific teacher that taught the class I cheated in and I ended up getting in the most trouble I had ever thought I could ever get in. But as my junior high years went on things started happening and I wished that that specific incident had been the source of all my other future incidents that followed and, unfortunately they weren't and it just went downhill from that specific happening. After a series of fatiguing events, I kind of turned into a whole different Tori. I didn't exactly turn emo but I did turn a little bit depressed and I just wasn't an all around happy person. And quite frankly I would probably assume that I was not generally a very fun person to be around. This was me for a good year and half or longer. After about a year I started getting into some really bad habits and I though I was participating in these habits because they would make me feel better but that was not what I got. Man, I'll tell you, I actually got so much worse. I went through this long brutal stage where I wasn't sure what I wanted at this point and I just stayed on the ugly path I was on, disobeying my parents and choosing the wrong ways of life. Until one day I had a talk with my conscience and I realized what I had been doing with myself. I wasn't being truthful to myself and I was doing things that I had never though I'd even get into. So I made up my mind to change. It took a good 5 months to get back to normal and when I finally was back to my normal self, I witnessed the greatest thing of my life.


Happiness: The quality or state of being happy.

One's life journey should revolve around being happy. I learned a great lesson that I wish everyone could know for their own. Happines does not come from choosing on your own. Happiness is the souls desire. I learned that I tried to find happiness on my own. And then I realized that  real happiness was sitting right in front of me the whole time. And it was just simply obeying the rules. I turned into a different person because I was desperate to find something that would make me happier because I wouldn't make the greatest decisions and I would end up trying to find something that would make it so I wouldn't feel sorry for myself or feel like a complete failure in life. That is what I thought most of the time and that is what led me to turning into what I was.
Know right from wrong. Know who you are. And stay true to yourself and don't try to change yourself because you feel inadequate. Know right from wrong and always have a set plan to what your choices will be in the future. Ask yourself: "Is it worth it?" Is it worth the trouble, the pain, the missery?
I changed my life forever from this experience because I realized who my true self was and I made up my mind that I would never go against myself again.
My sister mentioned something that will stay in my head forever. "Life is a climb, but the view is what's worth climbing to". 

0 comments: