BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Variety

Variety. Think hard about variety. The definition of variety is the state of being varied or diversified. While walking down the halls of Fairfield Jr. High I get to see variety play in many different forms. The people, the teachers, the genders, the looks I get to approach, the athetics, the so called "clique's", the genius's, the slower ones, you name it. Before seventh grade, I was very distraught about going to Fairfield because the majority of my elementry friends would be at Kaysville, but there was drama in sixth grade that led me to come to Fairfield. The first part of my seventh grade year was pretty brutal. I was wishing that I would've made the decision to go to Kaysville because it was hard getting used to new people and having to start all over again with friends. Then as second semester approached I was pretty happy with a good amount of great friends. I ended seventh grade pretty satisfied, but there still was a little part in me that missed the Kaysville friends. Starting eighth grade wasn't too terrible. Some drama had happened over the summer which led to a little decrease of friends but I still had a good number of friends. Eighth grade was a pretty smooth year and eighth grade summer was even better. Starting ninth grade this year opened my eyes to so many things that I had not noticed or picked up before. One of these things was variety. As I went about school each day I begun to notice all the variety our school has and then I started comparing with Kaysville. To me is seems like theres a lot of the "same" kind of people there. And there's a lot of cliques. Being a Fairfield I could see how variety makes a big difference. Being at a school where not everyone is the richest person on the earth. We have low income to extremely high income kids. And being in a school that has that people learn to appreciate everyone and everyones circumstances no matter what they might be. And that is a great quality of our school.
Enough variety shows all the differences in all of us and sometimes, that's the better route.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Unknown.

0 comments: