BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Determination

For those that know me well enough, you know that the person I look up to is Albert Einstein. While growing up I was taught that education is important. And ever since I've had a serious determination to do well in school. School is one of the most important things to me. Everything I do in school is my best and my best only. To tell you the truth I've never had an actual 4.0 I've always had a 3.9 or 3.8 and that satisfies me just fine because I know I did my best. I absolutly loathe watching people as they open their report cards at the end of each term. As their grades process in their heads their fury or excitement rages in their little heads and then slowly follows straight out of their mouth. This is the part, right here, that is the wrost part of the whole grade openings. Shrieks, screams, cries, joyfulness gets let loose and fills the halls with outrageous noise. Everybody asks and questions every single human being around them about what kind of grades they recieved. I absolutly hate this question. Why does it even matter? And then as soon as I hop on the bus the level of outrageous noise has been brought down a few thousand notches, but it is still quite loud and annoying. I have one particular friend who I cannot stand when she talks about her grades. She got a 4.0 throughout all of seventh grade and then in eighth grade third term she got her first 3.9 and she acted like the roof was falling on her head while the rest of the earth was caving in. (not an exaggeration) remember, this is over a 3.9... The only reaction I had was a blank stare straight at her eyes and a simple comment; "get over it". And I just turned around and went back in my world. I don't know why people decide to over react to the something they know was their best. She, in fact, got all A's. Just one A-, and that A- was what she decided to blow up over. Shouldn't she just know that she tried her best. And she was rewarded.
In my own opinion I believe that it only matters that you try your best. When Thomas Edison finally invented the light bulb he quoted "I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work". To me, that is pure determination and positivity. And I wish we all thought that way because it would take the stress out of a lot of things and make living life so much easier.

Nearly every man who develops an idea works at it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then gets discouraged. That's not the place to become discouraged.

-Thomas Edison

0 comments: