BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bite My Wallet

So earlier today I was walking around the mall with my mom. We went to the mall to simply get my mom some of her ridiculously expensive hairspray, and to find me a swim suit and a pair of shoes that I died for at first sight. This shopping trip would, on average, take around forty five minutes. But, of course, our shopping trip took around three and a half hours. Not only did we get my mothers hairspray and my shoes and swim suit, there was twenty nine other pieces of clothing that were bought(I counted). I knew what swim suit I wanted but it was in my moms favorite store, Buckle. As we approached the store, her eyes went straight to the jeans and that is were she stayed most of the time. I went to the back of the store, found the swim suit I wanted, tried it on, gave it to my mom to buy, and on our way to the cashier she saw a shelf of shirts that seemed to be screaming "Melanie! Come look at me and buy me and spend all your money on me!". Seriously, she immediately changed her direction, handed the clothes to me without even slightly turning her head, and kept walking. It was almost as if she was hypnotized by a piece of clothing! So there I stood in complete awe just watching her sift her way through every piece of clothing while gathering three fourths of the clothes she was sifting through. By the time she realized her arm looked like a Mt. St. Helens, an hour and a half had already passed. But at this point, she still has all the trying on to do. This is kind of how her trying on clothes act goes; she'll put on an outfit study herself in the mirror to decide if she likes it or not, and if she liked it or not she will still have to walk out of the room and ask whoever helped her pick out the outfit and me, if we like it. And she'll say something along the lines of "well there's this little dot that I'm not sure I like. Do you think this little microscopic dot looks alright on me? Or should I pass it?" And my response ever time is "DO WHAT YOU WANT!". She drives me nuts sometimes over the strangest things! And after all her trying on is over with, she will usually end up buying almost everything she tried on. I get a few things out of this but usually it's all her. She asks me if I want to get more but I find it the biggest waste of money and time. So we always end up walking out of Buckle having just spent somewhere around one billion dollars on clothes. My dad is picky about clothes like her, but they definately are very different when you shop with them both. And there will always be a "few" stores she'll want to "look" in and see what's there. This is how every mall experience is with her. I don't think she's figured out that you don't buy your way through life.
I feel like there are so many things this world does to get you to go broke! For instance; our world has come up with the strangest holiday's. And each holiday everyone feels like they need to spend a fortune. Christmas I can totally understand, but like Valentine's day or Easter or holidays like that. And stores make this big deal over the holidays and get stocked up with a trillion hearts and chocolates or eggs. Things that have to do with that holiday. I always wonder what our world would be like if money wasn't around. Would we be in as much competition with our neighbors for the nicest things or the nicest clothes? It really all seems pointless to me, and I could really care less. But unforunately money isn't going to disappear any time soon, so we've got to learn how to control ourselves and our emotions when we decide to go out and shop.

0 comments: