BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

For the last five weeks my dad has been out of town in Quantico Virginia for a work training. He works for the FBI and just got a new job in the FBI. Because of my dads job, he has taught us a lot about all the terrirfying things in this world. We have family night and a lot of his lessons are about safety. For instance, one monday night he talked about honoring the flag and why the American flag is so important and what the significance is that we honor our flag. With him being gone for a good long time, I was thinking one night about why he does the things he does. For instance, he gives me strange rules like for awhile I couldn't have and Facebook or Myspace. He ended up giving in. I would say "but literally everyone has one!". My dad taught me that sometimes "everybody having one" still doesn't always have to mean that you have to have one and that it is the best thing in the world. He would say that there are bad things out there and we don't know when they're coming our way. Foro the while that I've been thinking about this I came to realize that there is a very scary world out there and it's not getting better any time soon so I need to take advantage of the warning signs that are coming my way and those that are getting bown into my face. So I was taking some things into consideration.  First off, I need to realize that the wacko rules that are being put into my life are only for my benefit and for my safety. He would occasionally say to me: "imagine how bad you would feel if something happened that I had already warned you about and you didn't listen? Do you know how stupid you would feel for not listening to me, and all I would be able to say was 'I told you so'". I often refer to this comment when I have strong emotions for the rules that hold me back from doing the things my friends want to do. But there have been instances when I was commanded to avoid going somewhere with friends and a couple days later the friend that asked me to hang with him told me that people ended up doing bad tings and there was bad things involved and he actually told me that he wished that he would've stayed home because of what had happened at this certain place. Having this certain instance happen to me helped me understand the imprtance of my parents concern for my safety. I just have to learn to realize that it wont be the end of the world if I miss out on one party... or all of them.... I just need to remember that it is only for my benefit and my safety only so I need to be greatful for the rules that are put in my way to keep me safer and that it will only make me prouder in the long run so i won't have to face my dad while he says "I told you so". Live your life and love every second of it!! :)

0 comments: